Heaven is a place on earth...

Who doesn't love a bit of tropical sweating to keep you away from your laptop for a couple of days.  I'll be honest with you, by Wednesday, I had removed enough layers of skin from my arms from sticking to my wood-effect desk, that my arms looked like a couple of badly stuffed cheap sausages.

Anyway, the two days away gave me a chance to get the Wobble Box packed and ready for our first trip away.  Amazon packages had been arriving at an alarming speed, each greeted with a 'What have you bought now?' from the husband, who had taken to sweating slightly every time a white Transit van turned up in the drive. Men just don't realise the importance of a matching towel and bath mat combo, and there have been many items smuggled in while the husband was at work.  

Talking of the husband, in a throwaway comment over dinner on Wednesday, he proclaimed to have 'filled the fridge with all we need for the weekend'. Now I knew that I hadn't been shopping for the weekend provisions, and it was a very cautious Bird who peered into the Wobble Box Fridge the next day.  And here's what greeted me...

Two boxes of beer (24 bottles)
Twelve bottles of tonic water
One bottle of Bombay gin 
A lemon

Not even a pint of milk for my morning cup of tea.

So all of that came out (with the exception of the lemon and the tonic water - no one likes a lukewarm G&T) and was rehoused in various cupboards throughout the caravan, with sensible stuff like cheese taking the place of the booze.

Fast forward forty eight hours, and we are here.  I had made the very sensible decision of leaving the husband alone while he set the caravan up, and took the boys off for a walk.  I was slightly longer than expected because I got hopelessly lost (the caravans all look the bloody same).  It didn't help that there were two identical shower blocks either, and the husband happened to mention that he's seen my head bobbing over the hedge on the other side of the caravan on at least three occasions.

But we're here.  All set up, nothing broken on the journey, the husband had a beer in his hand and a slice of ginger cake on his knee.

All's well...  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...