Magic...

'So what was the film really like?' asked Mrs S  (the lovely work friend, not to be confused with the other Mrs S who is the lifetime friend).  I was just leaving Binland, and had popped into the kitchen to say goodbye as I knew she'd be having her lunch.

'Well', I replied.  'If you are a woman aged between fifty five and eighty and can answer 'yes' to at least one of the following, then it's right up your alley', I said.  And the questions?

a) Are you fed up of having sex
b) Do you want more sex?
c) Have you forgotten what sex is like?
d) Are you at it like a rabbit?

I think that covers most bases...

So while we were chatting about this, I happened to mention that the trailers were marginally more exciting than Book Club itself.  In fact one of them had caused Mrs S (lifetime friend one) and me to break out in a hot sweat and look at each other rather excitedly.

Does Magic Mike mean anything to you ladies?  Or even Magic Mike XXL?  This is one of the joys of having daughters.  You can sit in the lounge with your cup of tea and pretend not to watch the mindless drivel which they find on Netflix.  Magic Mike is a film about male dancers, and I have to confess that watching it with daughter number two one Saturday afternoon nearly finished me off.  

So back to the cinema.  'They showed a trailer of the new Magic Mike live show', I whispered.  'IT'S GOT REAL LIVE MEN ON STAGE'.  'Oooh', said Mrs S.  'Want to go?'  To be honest, I had already commited to go with the other Mrs S, but I reckon I could just about cope with seeing it twice.  I might have to double up on the HRT pills that night, but it would be worth it.

Just as we were discussing whether Channing Tatum would be flashing his doo-dahs on the London stage, one of our male colleagues walked into kitchen.  Now he is a rarity in that he is older than me and sensing he'd interrupted something, he asked us what we were up to.

Mrs S had that look in her eye which I knew spelt trouble.

'Have you ever seen any of the Magic Mike films?' she asked innocently.

Not surprisingly, he hadn't.  'No.  What are they about?'

It was at this point that I backed out of the kitchen before the laughter erupted.

Her answer?  I shall have to find out this morning...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...