Witch doctor...

You won't be able to see this from where you're sitting, but I am currently sporting a nurse's uniform and ugly flat shoes.

This isn't because the husband has a fetish for Hattie Jacques in Carry on Matron, but because I am currently employed as Mumma Nurse at daughter number two's residence in Milton Keynes.  Her incapacity has nothing to do with the fact that she ran 10K in a blistering heat yesterday, nor has there been fall out after the meeting with Jolly Sock Man's parents on Sunday (they were lovely by the way, which was no surprise when you see how great their son is).  No, this was because daughter number two, in her infinite wisdom, had her tonsils removed on Monday morning.

This has been a long time coming, and having had infection after infection, them what's in charge decided that it was time to whip the bloomin' things out.

Mrs M, one of my most supportive readers, has gone through exactly the same with her adult daughter, and so far, everything she warned me about has come true.  This is rather worrying on Day 2, as apparently by Day 5, there is a good chance that daughter number two will be throwing herself at me asking to be put of her own misery.  By Day 6, I might just do that.

We will see.

So I have decamped, leaving the husband and the two dogs to fend for themselves.  I'm not too sure who I am more worried about actually.  The husband is ever so good at foraging in the fridge and assembling some kind of meal, but remembering to feed the dogs at 5.30pm each day?  Another story altogether.  I may not be the only one who loses a little weight this week.

It's weird staying at daughter number two's flat though.  You forget how acceptable it is to live in a war zone when you're young.  My fingers are itching to get started on some ironing, cleaning, washing and cooking, and the only thing stopping me from going from room to room with a bin liner is the fact that she shares her flat with another young lady.  I'm not too sure that she'd be impressed to find I'd thrown away all her stuff as well as daughter number two's.

So I'm here for around 48 hours to help where I can.  I have a camp bed, my laptop, my pyjamas and a good book, and it's almost like having a mini break.

That would be a mini break involving a harridan screaming from the room next door for painkillers every half hour.

See you on the other side my friends...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...