Tea party...

Normal life has returned with the departure of daughter number two last night.  

My poorly little chick has had a rotten second week of recuperation having had her tonsils removed, and there have been a couple of darker times when I considered sticking them back in.  I'd probably have to have used an alternative as her tonsils are long gone, and having considered a couple of Pizza Express dough balls, two satsumas or a pair of rolled up socks, we eventually agreed that she'd just have to ride out the storm.

She's been a very good patient, and I've been a very good nurse apparently (flowers delivered yesterday as proof) but as I said to her as she left, 'There's no need to buy me flowers sweetie.  As a mum, it's in my job description to be Mumma Nurse when required'.

So she's gone.  In a whirl of washed and folded clean clothes, an emergency food parcel and seven packs of painkillers for those 'just in case' moments.  The house has reverted back to its tranquil self, and I can revel in the fact that I won't be folding my sofa throws every morning when I come down to the lounge.

But this peace and quiet won't last long...

Later today, I have several of my neighbours (the female variety) coming round for afternoon tea.  If ever the Trades Description folk get whiff of what these gatherings are called, they would sue the socks off me.  Yes, there are sandwiches, cake and scones, but tea?  Not a chance.  It's fizzy stuff and Pimms all the way, and if previous experience tells me anything, the tougher ladies (always the two Mrs B's and Mrs H) will still be here as the sun goes down, while their children remain unfed and their dogs unwalked.  

I am just hoping that I can show enough restraint and not have to sleep it off tomorrow morning,  missing firstly the royal wedding, and then the FA CUP final.  I'm really excited about both, and it's really going to be a Saturday of two halves tomorrow.

Flags in the morning.  Scarf in the afternoon.

I shall be waving both over zealously in gay abandon...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...