Tangled...

So it's back out with the sou'westers and wellies after the recent sunny days.  Yesterday found me tramping around a field, muttering obscenities under my breath as the horizontal rain soaked my trousers and dribbled down inside my wellies.  I was walking three dogs at the time (Sid the Westie had a sleepover on Monday night)  and they all thought it a tremendous hoot to spread out in a semi circle and head off in different directions, pulling me along behind them trying to juggle three leads.  

I'm not saying I was in a pickle with the leads, but I really wish I'd paid more attention to the teacher in the Macrame lesson in Year 5 at school.  Anyway, within two minutes from home, the fully extended leads were so knotted that each dog had about a meter of slack and I had created something to hang a flower pot in (all very 1970's).

Now feeding time for three dogs is very interesting, especially when one of them gets fresh chicken in their bowl as an evening treat.

'You feed Sid, and I'll do Percy and Reg', I said to the husband yesterday, handing him the guest's bowl with his neatly chopped chicken.  We tried putting the bowls down in different areas, different rooms, and even considered locking Percy and Reg in the garage while they ate theirs, but in the end, all three bowls were laid out side by side with their respective doggy owner positioned in front of them.

Do you remember that game where there are three upside down cups, only one of which has a ball underneath it?  Well this was what feeding time looked like last night, with all three of the dogs switching from bowl to bowl to see whether the bowl next door was any better.  Within five minutes, all of the bowls were clean, but I do have a sneaking suspicion that only one dog went to bed with a heavy stomach last night.  

There was an element of assistance needed as Percy scaled the stairs last night, and between you and me, I'm quite relieved that Sid was only with us one night.  

I'm not sure my back would take it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...