My girl...

Day Two of my duties as Nurse Ratchet started off with a trip to the local retail park on the pretext of getting the makings for a home made shepherd's pie for the malinger now lacking tonsils.

In reality, as well as the ingredients for the aforementioned culinary delight, I managed to get my watch strap replaced, have a most pleasant half an hour in Home Sense rummaging for lunch boxes and have a quiet breakfast of a toasted tea cake and a cappuccino.  

It was then back to Tonsils HQ where daughter number two was still in bed.  Yesterday was definitely a quieter one as the morphine and adrenaline had run out overnight, leaving a rather pale little thing sleeping on and off all day.  This was between banana sandwiches, anaemic toast and numerous cups of tea (my personal favorite).  

Taking advantage of her weakened state, I managed to do all of her washing, sort the dishwasher out, clean the kitchen (who knew there was a window behind all that crap) and I also made a marvelous looking shepherd's pie.  Now as you know, I have many, many children, and cooking for less than six just isn't in my vocabulary, so I think that she and her lovely flat mate will be eating this till the end of May.  There was also a small spare one which went into the freezer, so perhaps June might see the end of it.

We watched a whole load of utter drivel on the television yesterday.  This ranged from dodgy dating shows on Channel 4 to some nasty women from New York (really horrid, and definitely not ladies) finally reaching a sense of 'normal' with Tipping Point.  Actually, I only managed an hour with Ben Shepherd because daughter number two was snoozing and I snaffled the remote control.

Depending on how she is this morning, I might scoop her up and take her home with me, so that I can carry on keeping an eye on her between sessions at work.

Binland expects...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...