Flying high

You'll be relieved to know that the remaining twenty or so baby carrots survived the night.  Watering the dirt yesterday afternoon I pondered what I would have done if they had been eaten by Peter, Benjamin and company.  

A couple of options went through my mind.  The first one was to simply close the gate to my allotment, hanging a sign on the front, saying something along the lines of, 'I'm done with growing my own.  If you need me, I'll be in my deckchair eating a punnet of shop bought raspberries'.  Alternatively, I could simply lift my baby carrots and stick them on top of my raised bed, so that they're out of rabbity reach.  Mind you, knowing my luck, rabbits will learn to hang glide and it will be bye bye carrots once again.  But I'll hang in there for a few more days.

Son number two returned back to the fold yesterday afternoon having finished his first year studying law.  Unfortunately, this will mean that I won't stand a chance when I need him to walk the dogs or empty the dishwasher, as he'll have an answer for anything.  No change there, I hear his siblings mutter. 

I did the food shop yesterday with him in mind, and most of it had disappeared either into his stomach or up to his bedroom for later consumption by the time Coronation Street started.  I anticipate that Aldi's accountants will be announcing record profits for May and June and I will probably get some sort of Frequent Shopper award - I expect the prize will be something from that centre aisle which we all try and avoid.

Talking of the ankle biters, the other three are also home tonight.  We have arranged a family meal out to celebrate our wedding anniversary, so naturally, wherever there is free posh food on offer, that is where you will find our children, along with partners for 75% of them.  The two girls have arranged a minibus to take us all there so that a drink or two can be taken.  And why would this be?  Well....all of them, including the husband, are not at work on Friday.  There is working from home, days off and even a golfing tournament keeping them all away from their desks on Friday.  It is just yours truly who will be getting up with the birds, walking the dogs and heading into Binland while the rest of the house gently snores.  

Am I bitter?

Like hell I am...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...