Three times a lady...

Oh ladies.  Yesterday was a bad day on the knicker front with two changes before leaving for work.

It's my own fault really.  I'd put my clothes out the night before, favouring a new blue skirt and cream top for work.  Partnered with big drawers to avoid a VPL (husbands, ask your wives what this means) I was prepared for the following morning.  I like to be prepared.  Let's be honest, at our age the fewer shocks we get the better for everyone.

The trouble was, when I looked at the lovely weather, I decided that I would wear my blue ankle grazer trousers with the cream top.  I'd already put the larger than an undiscovered planet knickers on, so just pulled the trousers on.  But horror of horrors.  These trousers are quite low cut, and there was a good 4" expanse of knicker hanging over the waistband.  I looked like I should be 'in da hood' calling everyone 'bruv', so the trousers came off and the voluminous drawers swapped for a smaller pair.

I then took the dogs out.

It was half way round that I realised I had a problem in the knicker department. (Why is it always bloody half way round?  Why can't these things become apparent before the end of my drive?)  The blooming things  had worked their way down until they formed a 1cm ridge all the way round my hips.   Never mind the VPL I'd been worrying about earlier that morning, this made me look like a sausage smuggler, and there was some interesting walking techniques used for the remainder of the walk.

Running back up the stairs (legs at a 90 degree angle) I whipped the trousers off with the offending knickers following suit.  Looking at them, it would appear that my derriere has shrunk because these drawers were just too big.  I did consider a small knot at each side of them to keep them up, but then remembered that I am a grown up woman, and have a choice of knickers which will fit me.

So it was third time lucky this morning.

Which is why I was later than usual for work...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...