Sleepless nights...

I may have overdone it this week.  Taking the dogs out for their afternoon walk yesterday, I just about managed a forty minute stroll around the block.  I put this down to a couple of bad nights' sleep this week.  It's not that I've had too little (no late nights on school nights....rule number one) merely that I have been enjoying some rather odd dreams which have meant that my sleep has been very broken.

Unfortunately, none of these dreams involved Tom Hardy, a family bar of Dairy Milk and a pot of tea, but I suppose you can't have it all.  No, my dreams this week have been rather similar and have involved wild animals.

On Monday night, I was attacked by a three feet long wild squirrel.  It had clamped its nasty yellow teeth onto my little finger, and at the time of waking, I was hitting it over the head with one of the dogs' Dentistix (there's never anything useful available in dreams.  Where was my hammer when I needed it?)  So that was Monday.  On Wednesday night, I was visited by two lions, being walked by a couple of strangers in the woods, while me and the two fur balls walked nervously towards them.  Totally understandably, my first concern was that they weren't on leads....

So a couple of 'busy' nights have rendered me useless.  Pilates last night was a blur, and I'm surprised that Miss M who runs the class didn't have to come and shake my shoulder and wake me up after the hour long session.  Sometimes, it's hard to get past that lovely bit at the start where you're lying on the floor, listening to whales trilling with your eyes shut.  But I managed it, and it was an early night for me last night, this time with no unwanted feral guests.

Tonight is a big one though.  My best friend is having a party to celebrate her 50 years on this planet, so it will be a late one with lots of fizzy stuff, cake and dancing.  But it's not this bit which is worrying me.  Miss R and her beau, Woody, are also going to the party, and are staying the night in the new adultified daughter number two's bedroom.  This means that there just might be an element of 'going on' after the party.  Living where I do, there is very little opportunity to 'go on' anywhere, other than the late bus home, so I am anticipating that the four of us will be ensconced in the lounge surrounded by empty bottles of anything we can find, while watching repeats of Gogglebox.

I doubt I'll surface till Sunday, so forgive my absence on Saturday morning....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...