No milk today...

The husband is in trouble again.

The last two weeks have been a warning as to what I can expect when he finally hangs up his mole grips for good.  It all started last Monday, when he informed me as I walked in from Binland, that he had 'organised the fridge'.

Although this rankled, I managed a tight smile, and asked him what he'd done. Turned out he'd made an executive decision about the milk in the fridge, as he wasn't happy with having a couple of cartons on the go with a couple to spare.  He had looked at the use by dates, and decided that the newer cartons should be frozen.

All well and good (although I hate drinking milk which has been frozen, preferring the 'just out of a cow' kind of white stuff).

So let's fast forward to Friday.  I decided to have cereal for my breakfast.  This is a rare occurrence for me, as I always have fresh fruit, but I had no bananas, and can't entertain a fruit salad without one, so an alternative had to be found.

I settled on Rice Krispies and sat down at the kitchen table after the husband had left the house to pick some stuff up.  It tasted a little bit odd, but I put that down to not having cereal for at least four months.  Putting the milk away, I just happened to glance at the use by date.  Monday 16th April.  The day the husband 'organised the fridge' which meant that the milk was four days out of date.  His semi skimmed was much the same, having expired as far as shelf lives go the day after my skimmed milk.  I got the two frozen cartons out of the freezer and decided that words would have to be spoken on the husband's return.

So he's had a verbal warning.  As I tried to explain to him, it has taken almost thirty five years to get my level of fridge management to the giddy levels I now have.  And he thought he knew it all after five days.  Our conversation ended with something along the lines of, 'Just keep away from my fridge, sunshine', so I hope he's got the hint.

I actually had to call Miss R on Friday and ask her to bring some milk over for a cup of tea.  As you know, we were planning an afternoon's sunbathing (a mini daycation) so tea was vital.  We ended up having a very lovely time together, and as she left she was moaning about the lack of white marks after three hours in the sunshine.

Now I have a slightly different skin to her, and had picked up a little colour which was good.  At least I didn't have legs the colour of milk anymore.

Oh, don't mention the milk....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...