My favourite things...

Son number two is leaving the house again today to head back to university.  He's planning on leaving while I am at work this morning which means that he will go home with several items which won't become immediately apparent for a few days.  

These will probably include:

Several pairs of the husband's socks (these are new and highly coveted)
The spare box of Special K in the cupboard (I tried buying the plain one knowing he prefers the Red Berry version, but when it comes to free food it won't make any difference)
A frozen chicken from the freezer (Bang goes next week's lunches)
Any pasta he can find, whether it be fresh, dried or cooked
Any pasta sauce he can find to go with the above
Hellman's mayonnaise (for some reason, the mayonnaise was always left behind when I bought Aldi's version)
All my Bold washing tablets (a pre-agreed gift as I have switched to Fairy)
The dog walker's money from the notice board
The money I put aside for Lady H (my House Fairy) may have gone the same way  (I blame myself for this though, as son number two soon learned that when Mumpty had been to visit the student hovel, small amounts of cash would be secreted around for emergencies)
All hair products, shower gel and several toilet rolls, the last of which will mean that the husband will spend the next week shouting down the stairs that he has 'run out'.

But what does he leave me in return?

Empty fridge (the husband would say 'no change there then' implying that the fridge is always empty)
Five Swiss Cheese Socks (Talking about the holes here, but am happy to concede on the whiff also)
A bedroom which will need the same amount of days to clear as he was in residence ie six

But I am always pleased to have him back home, and yesterday there was some family banter from the other three kids as to son number two being my favourite.

After some thoughtful deliberation, I had to reassure them that I detested all of them equally.

You can't be any fairer than that...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...