Do you want to know a secret...

Coronation Street....bear with me....what on earth is going on with it?

I said to the husband last night, after watching David Platt gaze painfully into thin air for the twenty seventh time over the last few weeks, 'Since when did a soap become a bloody cliffhanger?'  I don't know about you ladies, but a secret stays champed behind my teeth for about as long as it takes to finish a ham sandwich, so how David Platt has managed to keep schtum about his own series of unfortunate events is anyone's guess.  I said to the husband, rather huffily if I'm honest, that the whole story line will probably peak around Christmas.  

There's a good chance I may expire before the truth finally comes out (if my BMI is anything to go by) so I'm thinking of ditching Corrie until Christmas Eve and doing something else (like having a life).  The trouble is that the husband is a big fan.  He hails from the North and looks at Corrie as the life he may have had if he hadn't been hauled down South by his parents, and there's always a wistful look on his face when the trumpet starts on the theme tune.

So I must be patient, and hope that sanity will prevail and right will win the day...probably Christmas day if it's true to form.

I can't really grumble about the husband watching Corrie, as I too have a guilty secret.  The only difference is that I'm not allowed to watch my favourite programme when he is within a mile from the house.  If he chances upon me, watching it on my laptop in the lounge with headphones on, I get rolled eyes and a shaking head accompanied by a 'tut, tut, tut' under his breath as he does a 180 degree turn and walks straight back out of the lounge.

And my guilty secret?  TOWIE...

I know you're all appalled at this, but to me it's like watching a rather tame freak show and I just love the utter shallowness of their puddle-like lives.

And I'll tell you another thing.  There's nothing which stays secret longer than a set of false nails on that show.

Never mind waiting till bloody Christmas...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...