Walking in a winter wonderland...

A Snowy Walk.....by Percy and Reg.

MuttMum decided to take me and the young lad out for a walk in the white stuff yesterday.  We should have known it was going to be a bit parky by the amount of clothing she was putting on, and if Reg and I didn't have such sensitive noses, we would never have recognized her under all those layers.

It started off quite well.  Reg and I had a few snatched words at the top of the hill...

Percy: 'Gosh Reggie, that wind is strong.  I rather like it as it pushes the hair off my face like those humans in the hairspray advert.  It's invigorating, don't you agree?'

Reg: 'You're 'aving a laugh, ain't ya mate? If we weren't on the bloody lead splitter, I wouldn't 'ave a clue where we were going as I've 'ad me eyes shut since the end of the drive.  By the way, sorry if me wet note goosed you on that last bend.  You need to say when you're slowin' down'.

Getting off the road was sensible, and MuttMum dragged us down a track towards the woods.  The snow was a bit deeper here...

Percy: 'I say Reggie, this is rather deep.  I'm getting cold in places I never knew existed'.

Reg: 'I know where you're coming from Percy me old mate.  Me knackers 'ave got icicles the size of bleedin' walnuts 'angin' off 'em'.

Percy: 'Charming...'

The wood was very exciting.  It was more sheltered from the wind, and Reg and I found lots to sniff at.  And then it all went rather wrong.

Reg: 'Bleedin' 'ell Perce.  'ow are we gonna get over that?'

Reg was alluding to a series of rather large snowdrifts on the path.  Neither of us could see over the top, and it looked like the walk was over.

Percy: 'I don't know old boy.  Oh hold on, MuttMum is on the case...'

She scooped each of us up, one at a time, and carried us through the drifts with no thought to her own safety, and the white stuff reached the bottom of her coat.  I don't think she was too worried though, as she was laughing hysterically...at least I think that's what the noise was.

Percy: 'Isn't MuttMum just wonderful Reggie?  She braved those drifts so that we wouldn't have to.  What a wonderful human she is'.

Reg: 'Yeah, whatever.  Mind you, it serves 'er right if she gets icicles on her knackers'.

Percy: 'Oh you silly boy.  She doesn't have knackers'.

He didn't believe me, naturally, but one has to remember that Reg is still a youngster and doesn't know about these things.

Going back to MuttMum though, for some reason,she likes to record every single thing we do...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...