Secret...

At 9.00pm on Monday night, I crawled downstairs for a well earned cup of tea.  Actually, I probably deserved some pink champagne served on a golden platter by a heavily oiled slave, but as the husband was away, I made do with the tea.

Daughter number two's bedroom has taken on the persona of guest room, with nothing there to tell you who its previous occupant was.  I know that this is incredibly sad, but it is just a fact of life, that at some time in a mothers' life, she has to accept that her children no longer live with her.  

I found all manner of things in her bedroom drawers and cupboards.  Silly little Christmas stocking toys, notebooks with her wishes for the future ('don't let mummy fall over on her crutches') and other notebooks bitching about various children which I found particularly amusing.  I am now wondering whether 'Piggy Stephanie' ever made it through primary school, and whether Caroline was actually stealing her colouring pens in their Art lessons.  (Names have been changed at this point, as these two might have gone on to be super duper lawyers and could have my head on a plate). These scribblings are so precious though, and have been bundled up with the other treasures which I found whilst ferreting round.

There was one disappointment though.  I found no money, other than some dodgy Chinese currency and a 2 euro coin.  You'd think that the least she could have done was to leave me a hastily concealed tenner to encourage me to continue with the job in hand, but obviously not.  Instead I got three bars of chocolate, four torches (always useful even if one was shaped like a pig), a ruler and loads and loads of biros (that's where they all went then). 

Not wanting to just throw away all the little toys and paraphernalia, I handed them over to Mrs S at Binland yesterday morning.  She has a lovely daughter and might like some of it.  I'm not sure that she'll love the much adored Malory Towers series of paperbacks though, but you never know...

The first occupant of the new 'guest room' will be Mrs W, my gorgeous sister in law who is heading south to visit for a few days.  I'm sure she will be thrilled with her new abode, and there's a lot more room in there than there was in the cupboard we used to make her sleep in.

Unfortunately, when daughter number two visits with Jolly Sock Man, Mrs W will still be here.

They can go in the cupboard which is just reward for not leaving me any of the folding stuff...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...