Mama...

Well ladies, I hope that you all had a memorable Mothering Sunday (let's keep it non-US. shall we?)  I had a great weekend, peppered with surprises throughout.  I'd like to say that all these were good, but life is never that kind is it?

It started early on Friday when, as you already know, son number two turned up unannounced clutching a bunch of flowers and an overnight holdall.  A small confession at this point.   I had assumed that this was dirty washing, because this is what the other three would have done.  However, son number two is made of stronger stuff it would appear, as he'd done all his washing before heading south on Friday. Knowing this made it easier to let him through the front door actually.

The husband took the three of us out of Friday night for dinner, where son number two ate enough to keep an army marching on its feet for some months.  Not content with that, he then joined me for Saturday breakfast with son number one, where Full English Breakfasts were consumed with gusto.

So far so good.

We then had a bowling match booked.  This was a Binland evening, and because my team was a little light (just the three of us against their five) I roped in the husband and son number two to bolster the team up.  It was a great night.  I managed a strike with my first ball, and I watched the other team quake in their boots at the sight of this middle aged bird doing her victory dance at the top of the alley.  The husband made me promise to never do that again in public as it was rather unbecoming, but I paid him no heed (no change there then) and had to do it on another two occasions as the evening wore on.  It was just as well that the husband was drinking, as his utter shame turned to just an embarrassed smile after the third strike.  Anyway, the details don't matter.  All that does is the fact that I beat him.  Something I will be dining out on, and he will be sulking about for many weeks to come yet.

On Mothering Sunday itself, I woke to an empty house with just the two furballs for company.  As they can't be trusted with boiling water, I made myself a cup of tea, and after a quick walk with them, I went to Tesco and did the week's food shop.  Funnily enough, the supermarket was busy with lots of single men pushing screaming kids around in trolleys, probably while mum was back home having a lie in and breakfast in bed.

But it was a lovely day, with beautifully worded cards and flowers as the other three children made their way home.

So lots of lovely surprises, as you can see.  But what was the not so nice stuff?  Well, this was the cost of son number two's whistle stop visit:

1 x tyre
1 x breakfast
2 x dinner
1 x week's shopping
2 x tanks of fuel
£50 for a night out

All in all, his thirty six hours here were charged out at £9.94 per hour.

Money well spent I'd say...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...