What's he building...

It would seem that I am destined to be subjected to terrible things over the next few months.  My sanity will be stretched to its limits, and by May, I might be consulting the divorce lawyers.  It started off with a throwaway comment I made last week, which went something along the lines of, 'I'm a bit fed up of the red kitchen tiles'.  

The husband, always up for a challenge asked me what I wanted instead.  Well, I hadn't really thought that far ahead if I'm honest, but to show willing in the game known as 'The Husband Wants a Job', I said that cream tiles would be really lovely, and it would also mean that I wouldn't be limited to my kitchen looking like a Manchester United home kit (red, black and white as far as the eye could see).

As the days trickled by last week, the husband mentally moved on from simply tiling over the red tiles, to stripping them off and replacing them.  And then he said....

'I think we should have the kitchen units painted.  The oak looks really dated now'. (This from the man who would still be sporting a wide tie and Farah flares if I hadn't tipped up and rescued him from his own wardrobe).  So a really new look was now on the table.

Jaw to floor....

Having just about got used to the idea of Decorator Sam coming in with his spray gun for a week and transforming my red and wood kitchen to something more modern, the husband upped the odds with...

'Actually, for what it costs, we might as well just have a new kitchen'.

Saturday found us in the nearest tile shop, trying to decide what kind of tiles we liked, but as I said to the husband, surely the kitchen comes before the tiles.  I can't spend the next month trying to find a kitchen which matches the one tile I have decided on, so the rest of Saturday was spent trawling the web looking at other people's kitchens for ideas. 

I asked the husband whether he would be fitting the kitchen himself.  I got a look which said, 'Of course I will be doing it, but you have to bear in mind that I have a real job too, so it won't be an overnight job'.

OK, so I can cope with 'not an overnight job', but fitting a kitchen when you only have around six hours a week of spare time might take some time.  I'm thinking that by the time the last unit is installed, it will be time to start thinking about renewing the first one again.

A bit like painting the Forth Bridge I suppose...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...