Tired of waiting for you...

If 'miffed' were a building, I would have looked like The Shard yesterday morning.  

Let me explain.  It's the husband's birthday in a couple of weeks, and he has very conveniently 'forgotten' the joint Christmas and birthday present bought for him a mere fifty two days ago.  He has been dropping hints all week about going to see one of the Six Nations rugby matches, so this week, I have been eagerly awaiting the witching hour of 10.00am on the 14th February when I could buy tickets for him courtesy of O2 Priority.

O2 have been bombarding me with texts all week (it's like they knew) reminding me to set the alarm for 10.00 so that I could buy my tickets.  Anticipating that I would have to take a bit of time out from my busy day in Binland, I got into work really early, so that I wouldn't feel too guilty about bunking off for half an hour.

As 10.00 approached, I got more and more excited, thinking of how thrilled the husband would be when he opened the tickets on his birthday.  He'd also be overwhelmed that our best friends would be coming too.  (In the time watching the minutes tick away, I'd mentally invited them along too).

Ten minutes to go, five minutes to go, one minute to go, 37 seconds to go (started needing a comfort break at that point but had to ignore it), 10 seconds to go and .....I'm in.

'How many tickets would you like?'

I pressed 4.

'Sorry, that it above the limit for this ticket'.

OK, so friends are now no longer invited, so I downgraded this to 2.

'Sorry, there are no seats together.  Would you like single seats?'

So I can't sit with the husband, but he'd still be thrilled, so I said 'yes please'

'Sorry, there are no single seats left'.

Why the hell did you bloody well get my hopes up then.....

It was an hour of my life which I'll never get back again, and why did O2 push me (and every other O2 customer) to buy the bloody tickets if there were only enough for a family of four to start with.  

Anyway, rant over.  The husband has no tickets, so it's back to the drawing board for his birthday present.  I have come up with an alternative though.  As he seems to have forgotten the tickets for Nitro Circus in November, perhaps I could wrap them up again and give them to him.

Worth a try...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...