Hole to feed...

I expect that you are all wondering what has happened to my children recently.  As a mum, this is a question I ask myself on an almost daily basis, and it's lovely when they call home for a catch up.  Son number two, who is up North learning stuff, facetimed me today.  For those of you who are not au fait with modern technology, this is just making a phone call and being able to see the caller.  What will they think of next?  Chatting way to him as he was sitting in his student digs, it took every bit of willpower not to shout at him to pick his clothes up from the student wardrobe we know as 'The Floor'.  

But he looked very well, and insisted that I tell you all that he called so that you wouldn't think that he's gone back to university and completely forgotten all about me.  Fat chance of that.  He's on that bloody phone almost every other day pleading poverty and starvation, both of which involve me dipping deep into my battered purse.

We're seeing son number one tonight which will be lovely.  I bought the husband tickets to go to see 42nd Street (to be honest, I bought these tickets for me and he's just tagging along) and I suggested to son number one that as he lived in our fair capital city (or close enough to say he does anyway) it might be nice to meet up for a drink after he finished work.  The 'drink after work' has evolved though.  A few messages between him, me and the husband, and all of a sudden we're booked for an expensive three course Mexican dinner at 5.00.   Yet again, poverty and starvation rule the day.

It was back to Pilates last night for the second time this week, and things have evolved.  When I first started last year, all that accompanied the mat was a half deflated ball and a head cushion.  All very conducive to a relaxing hour doing something which was almost nothing.


This year though, the teacher has brought in various props to aid her in her ambitious plan to make us stronger and more toned.  Walking in last week, I had to do a double take, as I thought I'd stumbled into a Tudor torture chamber.  All she needed was a brasier burning in the corner and a few rats and it would have been like you were there.  My biggest fear is holding weights above my head as I lie on the mat.  I repeatedly say to myself 'Don't drop the weights.  Don't drop the weights'.  I don't think that anyone has ever broken their nose while doing shoulder drops, but you can't be too careful.

And to finish off the day, because of the blooming facetime call from son number two, I never made it to the vets to collect Reg's babygrow.

Percy is very pleased about this, and is already planning the night's entertainment while we are out.

Daughter number one is on dog-sitting duty tonight.  

I'm leaving her with some bromide and a water pistol...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...