Dress you up...

Despite liberal spraying of saline and a strange smelling liquid from the pet shop, Percy was still slathering over Reg's cut on Saturday.  I had still not managed to get to the vet to pick up one of their babygrows, so the husband suggested that I find one of the kids old t-shirts and adapt it.

Now this sounds all well and good, but what you have to bear in mind is that all of our children bar one are taller than me and their clothes are therefore rather large.  Trawling through various wardrobes full of abandoned clothing, I held up one t-shirt after the other, finally accepting that they were all far to big for Reg's delicate frame.  And then I had a light bulb moment.  

Delving into daughter number two's ski wear drawer, I pulled out a snood, a thin fabric tube, used to keep your neck and face warm.  I cut a couple of leg holes in one end and a head hole on top, and recruited in the husband in putting it on an unsuspecting Reg.

This took twenty minutes.  I think that the head hole had just about every limb pushed through it at one time or another (and not just those belonging to Reg), and when the husband finally got it on him, covering the wound perfectly, he'd build up quite a sweat.

Naturally, Reg then took off around the house with Percy in hot pursuit as he tried to get away from the gaudy piece of cloth now wrapped around his middle.

As I watched him, all I could think of was son number two last summer.  The snood, with its two fake leg holes, now resembled what you and I would know as a 'singlet' or a vest, and all Reg needed was a packet of B&H and a six pack of cheap cider to resemble someone you'd see on Jeremy Kyle, or outside the Job Centre (never inside, just loitering with intent outside).

Of course, this goes very well with his pseudo-Essex character, and I am expecting him to be demanding to have his teeth whitened next.

Or highlights?  That would be a grand look on a schnauzer...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...