Down in the hole...

I woke up yesterday morning at 5.30 and so started the morning from Hell...

Driving to Binland, I decided to take the short route to work. I am spoilt for choice for routes to work, four of which pass various eating establishments, so taking the short route was a good call as it only passes a caravan site and a Recycling Centre (not one of ours, so least said, and all that).  

Chuntering along the lane at my customary 14mph (the perfect speed to avoid running anything fluffy over), my car suddenly dropped to the left in a spectacular fashion.  All hell broke out on the dashboard, with the display screaming something along the lines of, 'Stop the car right now!'

It would appear that the puddle I was happily traversing at the time was in fact a shortcut to the Sydney Opera House.  Getting out of the car and wandering round, I could see that half of my tyre had disappeared down the offending pothole, and the escaping air made the surrounding puddle look like a mucky jacuzzi.

Huffing loudly, I got back into the car and drove even more slowly to Binland, trying to ignore the display, which had now moved on to, 'Didn't you hear me you daft bint?  STOP THE BLOODY CAR!'

Limping into the car park, I got out of the car and wandered round to check the damage.  The tyre looked like a puncture you'd see on a cartoon, with a beautiful gaping hole in the side just for good measure.

Oh joy...

Forty minutes of phone calls got a recovery vehicle to collect my poor car and transport the old girl down to the local tyre replacement company.  I then had to wait at work until a) the new tyre was delivered and b) it was swapped over.  I had no lunch with me so had to hit the drivers' canteen (I'll be blaming any spare tyre I happen to get this week on that bloody pothole).

Eventually, I got the call from the fabulous tyre people, and Master P dropped me down there and Rita and I were reunited. 

Now I could cope with all of this, except for one thing.  I only had this tyre replaced three weeks ago.

A prime example of The Law According to Sod...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...