Rolling in the deep...

You know how your day is going to pan out when you realise that you have managed to put on your size 12 daughter's tights instead of your own.  The first part of my morning was spent doing a passable impression of a roller blind, and I eventually got so fed up I tied a knot in the waistband to stop them going anywhere.  

Of course, I should say that this all happened before I left home for Binland, so why I didn't go and rifle through my own drawers for a larger pair is anyone's guess.  Perhaps the thought of whipping off my warm tights and putting a cold pair on put me off the idea, or perhaps that piece of logic simply passed me by...

Exciting times at Binland yesterday though.  A new website is being planned, and yours truly was asked to attend a photo shoot so that my aging mush could be splashed across some page or another.  This was great fun, and for half an hour or so, I felt like a a film star.  For some reason, I had the phrase 'make love to the camera' planted in my daft head, but as the shoot was taking place in the middle of an open plan office, surrounded by pot plants, printers and various colleagues, I decided to tone this down to 'breathe in at all times, and try not to look like you've been on the sauce all morning'.  

Having done all this to a level which the cameraman was vaguely happy with, it was then back to my office, where the Binland Diet Club scales awaited me.  I've been dreading this since Tuesday last week, when yet again, it became apparent that my brain, mouth and stomach were not synchronized sufficiently to stop me cramming the food in.  But at least I lost something this week.  Four ounces to be exact.  'Shall we round that up to one pound?' asked Mrs S with a sympathetic look.  'That's one hell of a round up', I said, 'but hey, it might be the encouragement I need'.

So I have to get my mind around actually doing something proactive about losing this weight which is following me around like a salivating labrador.  Obviously, just leaving my body to its own devices is not working, so I'm ramping it up a bit.

Long walks with the woofers, more Pilates and less cake.

Bring it on... (said in resigned monotone with half hearted fist punch)...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...