Keep on running...

Aah, Date Night...

Conjures up a lot of images, doesn't it?  Possibly not one of sitting in the smallest cinema ever (five rows of eight seats) nursing a fistful of junk food (nachos for the husband, ice cream for me) watching a film about a megalomaniac and the removal of an ear.  Yes, we went to see the film about John Paul Getty on Friday night.  It was a bit of a last minute decision, and I'm sure that the husband ran the gauntlet through at least three speeding cameras between home and High Wycombe, but it was worth going to see.  

The trip to the cinema was just the first part of the Date Weekend (the husband likes to play big), and as I write this, there is still much more to look forward to.  He has planned lunch at my favourite pub today, which is to be preceded by a damn long walk with the dogs in the woods.  As they are allowed to sit with us in the pub while we eat, the theory is that they will both be so knackered that they won't bark at any other dogs in the restaurant.  This could be applied to the husband also, come to think of it.

There is another reason for walking first though....

Some months ago, the husband and I went for lunch and did the walk after eating a rather impressive Sunday lunch, followed by a very unnecessary pudding, all washed down with a pint and a half of cider.  The first twenty minutes of the walk passed me by in a blur as I was slightly puddled.  The husband likes to remind me about this on occasion, as I was enthralled by a rhododendron bush and refused to walk past it until I'd taken several photos and pocketed a cutting (which I found in my coat pocket three days later, completely dried out and of no use to anyone).  As the fresh air started to mix with the cider, the next twenty minutes were spent giggling around the wood, while the husband smiled apologetically at anyone who had the misfortune to be coming in the opposite direction.

And then disaster struck...

The last half hour was spent needing the loo, and coming up with excuses as to why I couldn't possibly go behind a tree.  Have you ever tried to have an emergency comfort break when you are walking dogs?  I have had to do this just once, and I will never forget the look on my dogs' faces.  I'm not sure who was more embarrassed, to be honest.

Anyway, I wasn't stopping for anyone or any reason, so the last half hour was done at a smart trot so that we could get back to the pub and make use of their facilities (and have another cider to reward me for making it back there in one piece).

It's good to be doing some exercise this weekend, as it's the Binland Diet Club weigh in on Monday morning.  Whoever has lost the most weight gets £6.00, being the total amount that the six of us put in last week.  

Unfortunately, there is no prize for the person who has managed to put on three pounds this week.

Did I mention the curry takeaway on Saturday night?

No, I thought not...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...