Feed me...

After Saturday night's curry at Miss R's, followed by a large slice of Colin the Caterpillar, I said to the husband on the way home that I 'must not eat anything tomorrow to balance out all the food I've eaten today'.  

This lasted until Sunday morning, when I woke up feeling like I could eat a scabby donkey.  Throwing a bowl of Special K lookalike cereal down my neck, I remembered my comment from the night before.

'Must not eat anything tomorrow', had be be downgraded, with the new mantra now being:

'Must not eat anything else today'.

I was back to dog walking this weekend after being grounded by the husband for fear I might get ill again, so I had dusted off my Fit-bit and attached it about my person.  Those of you who have been with me for some time will remember the two glorious days back in 2016 when I was leading the Fit-bit Weekly Step Challenge.  This was because I had attached it to one of the dogs, thus achieving enough steps to imply I'd walked to Cardiff and back over two days.  Anyway, I got rumbled, and the damn thing was relegated to the Drawer for Everything in my office, where it remained until Saturday.  

As you know, the husband had planned a dog walk yesterday, ending up in one of our favourite eating hostelries.  'I'm not having any lunch', I said.

The husband then came out with one of his favourite sayings when faced with yours truly on a diet.  'You've got to eat something'.  Part of me wanted to tell him that like a brown bear, I'd probably eaten enough over the last couple of months to take me through to Spring, but I backed down.  'OK.  But I must just have a small sandwich.  And no alcohol'.

So for the second time that day, the mantra was downgraded.

We had a great walk, accompanied by daughter number one, and son number two met us at the cafe for lunch.   By the time we got there, I was ravenous, and I stated, rather too loudly, that I was just going to have something from their Light Bite section.  A vegetable based soup perhaps, or a salad.

Roast pork was what ended up in front of me.  Roast pork with green veg and roasted carrots and potatoes.  All washed down with a tasty glass of Malbec (no Dry January for me, ladies, December was dry enough).  This was then followed by a piece of White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake with clotted cream.

'Mustn't eat anything else today', I said, releasing the top button of my jeans, and then I had a light bulb moment.  Reaching inside my t-shirt I released the Fit-bit from my bra strap (the best place to clip it apparently, especially when there is no chance of any extra curricular jiggling to distort the step count).  10,094 steps.  Pretty impressive.  But it was the calories used up for the day which I liked better.  1,845.  More than enough to allow for those roast potatoes I reckoned.

Of course, it's weigh in at Binland Diet Club this morning.

Wish me luck.  A hollow leg might be useful too...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...