Desperado...

Someone hit my car today. Not a massive 'I didn't see you there' kind of hit, nor was it a 'Oversized Bag Attack', or 'Jealous Lover Key Scrape.  The damage looked like it had been left behind by an eighteen inch hobbit pushing a shopping trolley with a wonky wheel.  If it had been one inch lower, it wouldn't even have touched my car, so to say it's a little frustrating is an understatement.

The good news is that with a bit of T-Cut (not too sure how long that's been in the garage, but an element of assistance with a chopstick had to be applied to get the green gunk to leave the sanctuary of the plastic bottle) and an old duster, I managed to polish most of it out.   I also managed to T-Cut my hair at the same time, which became apparent just as I was leaving for Pilates last night.  Green hair...nice...

Bearing in mind I managed to do this in semi daylight, hunkered down on the gravel with the two fur-balls thinking that sitting on my head would be a grand wheeze, I was fairly impressed with what I achieved with my old duster and a bit of elbow grease.  Unless you are under two feet tall, you'd never know it was there. 

So a good day was had at Binland yesterday,  I am now completely back to normal (ahem, ahem) and really enjoyed the banter with my bin buddies.  You'll remember from Monday that six of us have embarked on a weight loss regime courtesy of the Binland Diet Club.  

Yesterday, I happened to notice that a couple of them are pulling out all of the stops to ensure that they achieve the greatest loss on Monday when we weigh in again.  Mr G was wearing shorts and looked rather rosy, so I had to assume that he'd either been out running at lunchtime, or he'd come out in sympathy with every other middle aged lady who works in the building.  Mrs S, who I was relying on to keep me company at the bottom of the weight loss league told me that she was going to the gym for two and a half hours after work.  Talk about letting the side down...

So I may have to raise my game.  Lying on the floor and huffing and puffing for an hour at Pilates each week may not be enough, and I shall have to look at alternatives to achieve a solid weight loss on Monday.  These could include:

Taking my shoes off when I get on the scales
Wearing a bikini to work for weigh in
Having a drastic hair cut
Not wearing a bra (this will mean having to wear deeper knickers, but may work
No food for the next 72 hours
Donate a kidney
Lose a leg

Desperate times, and all that...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...