Twinkle, twinkle little star...

Coming into our estate last night, I said to the husband, 'I hate flashing Christmas lights.  Why waste valuable twinkle time with all that fading and flashing malarkey?'

It's a pet hate of mine and in recent years, lights have come with so many settings, that by the time you get the one you like (on all the time, no fading, no flashing) either the batteries have run out or it's Boxing Day.  The husband used to like winding me up by setting the lights on our Christmas tree to various different settings while I slept.  His personal favourite was the one where they fade very subtly.  This was judged a success, as I didn't notice for two days.  After Triflegate on Saturday, it's more than his life's worth to tinker with my fairy lights, so I think it's safe to stay that they will stay on my favourite setting this Christmas.

We had a rather lovely Sunday, as daughter number one invited us over to her flat for lunch.  A roast, no less.

This is the first time that one of our children has invited us over to their home and cooked for us, so it was a quite a milestone.  Clutching a bottle of Prosecco, we waltzed into the flat, and I plonked myself down on the sofa, and waited for my lunch.  The husband, being a man who is handy with a power tool, had a list of jobs to do, and he set to with a screwdriver and a thermostat.  The lunch was really lovely, and I drank far too much and slept all the way home.  Luckily the husband was driving (he's still trying to get into my good books after the trifle comments) and apparently my snoring made radio volume adjustment necessary.

So with just one week to go, I'm almost sorted with the Christmas preparation.  The presents are wrapped and the food is ordered. To be honest, I'd be quite happy to fast forward a week at this point, before I invent some problem which needs sorting.  The husband has already invented one, insisting that we order a single bed so that daughters one and two don't have to share a bed with two giddy schnauzers.

Weirdly, I thought we might have been able to start getting rid of beds now that 75% of the kids have left home.

It would appear not...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...