Tea party...

I can't wait for the husband to come back later today.  I will finally manage to get a night's sleep once his reassuring little bod is back under the duvet with me.  I've decided this past week that I am not cut out for this whole living on your own lark, and I've tried to over compensate by inviting many friends around.  This has been the highlight of my week, spending time with lovely chums who I see far too little of, so it's not all been bad.

It all kicked off on Thursday night.  The invite to the girls in Binland, was for 'an early supper'. I figured that this was a good idea as it was a school night, and we all had work on Friday.  The girls turned up bearing gifts, and one brought a bottle of homemade wine.  We made short work of this, then moving onto more red wine.  Finishing dinner around 9.30, I reminded the girls that I'd prepared the meal early as we all had work in the morning.

'Not me,' said one of them.  'I've got tomorrow off'.

'Me too'. said another

And then Mrs S confessed that she had the morning off, so out of the five, only two of us had to haul our sorry carcasses into work at silly o'clock the next day.  The last one giggled herself out of my front door around 10.30, and having cleared up, I fell into bed and slept for a whole five hours.  I think I have the homemade wine to thank for that.  Well it certainly wasn't the pudding I made - Banoffee Pavlova.  A last minute change from spiced apple to banana turned out to be a complete triumph, and I dropped off, dreaming of my homemade butterscotch sauce.  (Still making me salivate even now).

So that was Thursday night.  Friday saw an invite to my girl neighbours for tea and cake at my house.  So this was to be a traditional English tea party, with sandwiches, scones and homemade cakes.  There was also a little bit of Prosecco.  OK.  Let's be more honest, shall we... 

Nine ladies
Five tea bags used in total
Seven empty bottles of Prosecco

All my friends took home some cake in a doggy bag.  This was obligatory, as I would have just finished it all off once they'd gone otherwise.  As they left, Miss R turned up with more Prosecco and a couple of pigs' ears.  These were for the dogs in case you're thinking that Halloween came early this year.  And then Mrs S turned up.  By this time, all I could manage was a lovely cup of tea.

Bringing the total used tea bag tally to six...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...