On my own....

I've started getting used to the lack of children in the house.  Dare I say it, I'm getting used to it quite a lot.  I'm almost afraid to get too complacent with the lack of jobs IN CASE THEY COME BACK..

History has taught me that this is a possibility, and I have said 'Goodbye', swiftly followed by 'Oh, you're back', on at least two occasions now.  But I have high hopes that they are all staying away for good now, apart from son number two, who as a student will limp home on several occasions each year loaded down with dirty washing, alcohol poisoning and malnutrition.

Of course, this means that the dear husband and I are having to rebalance our life accordingly.  I'm not sure that he's twigged that I am pretty redundant in the afternoon, and have taken to watching Tipping Point in the afternoon with a cup of tea, but as far as he's concerned, life goes on much the same as before.  The only real difference for him is that he no longer gets an evening meal when he comes home from work.  

Before you castigate me for being a dreadful wife, I'd like to say that this was his choice, as he felt that his waistline might benefit from some abstinence on the dinner front.  Mind you, he forgets all this around 9.00 when he gets a little peckish, and polishes off some cheese and biscuits, a packet of Aldi's copycat Monster Munch (he's addicted to these), and a Topic or two.  

We also seem to go to bed a lot earlier without the kids here.  I think that subconsciously, we felt that we had to stay up till they went to bed, but now they're gone, any time after the solar lights in the garden come on is acceptable it would seem.  This currently happens around 7.00pm, but as winter gets closer, we may find ourselves in bed before Tipping Point is finished, snacking on cheese, crackers and Monster Claws (not Munch).

What is quite lovely about having this new spare time, is seeing my friends more often.  Yesterday afternoon I was out for coffee and chat with my lovely sister-in-law, Mrs H, and then it was home for an hour before collecting my best friend Mrs S for a trip to the cinema.

So it's not all bad.

In fact, there's quite a lot of good about being Home Alone...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...