Last Christmas...

It was back to Aldi yesterday afternoon, with a very successful trolley load transferred from their shelves to mine.  Now here's a thing.  Last week's shopping came to £49.  This week's was £61.  Now as we know, everything is relative, and as far as Aldi was concerned this seemed quite a lot.  Of course, when I compared it to what it would have cost at Tesco, it was still cheap.  I kept reminding myself of this on the way home.

One of the reasons it was a little more expensive than last week, was that this week alcohol made an appearance.  I'd bought a bottle of fizz to take round to my best friend Mrs S as she was hosting a Bit of a Do last night.  But still....£61....

So at Binland, the conversations have started as to what we are going to do for our Christmas party this year.  You've probably guessed by now that I love to dance (to anything and everything) and as the suggestions flew around (these ranged from indoor mini golf to pizza) I interrupted every suggestion with, 'But is there dancing?'  I think I got my point across, and now that we've started talking about the party, the discussions won't stop until someone in charge presses that 'Book It' button.  

As the oldest participant at the Christmas Party last year (my first with Binland) my colleagues looked to me for a level of gravitas at the proceedings.  I think that they were expecting me to be the sensible lady with the big handbag, filled to the brim with pain killers, safety pins, a sewing kit, a spare t-shirt and a pair of nail scissors.  Unfortunately, this was not what they got.  

What they did get is a 52 year old who snaffled all the cracker gifts for some reason, danced her socks off and drank enough to ensure that she didn't remember getting home in the taxi.  There was also an incident involving a much younger man who kept asking me if I fancied coming outside for a fag.

I'm still not convinced it was a cigarette he was talking about...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...