It wasn't me...

If I thought that Tuesday's harrumphing could get any worse, I didn't bank on the husband filling his petrol motorbike with diesel yesterday morning.  When he finally came in yesterday afternoon, having waited for over an hour while The Petrol Doctor (yes, there is such a job) did his thing. Apparently, the bike (less than two months old, and on its way back from its first service) had several parts removed and laid out reverently on the floor while the Doctor did his job.  What happened to siphoning it out?  A quick mouthful of diesel never did anyone any harm, did it?

So it was a very sheepish husband who walked through the front door yesterday lunchtime.  Now he hates it when he's made a mistake, and will often go to great lengths to ensure that the blame is neatly shifted to someone else.  

In this instance, it was BP...

'Who's ever heard of BP Ultimate Diesel for goodness' sake?' he said.  'It's very thoughtless of them to give it the same same name as BP Ultimate Petrol'.  I shan't insult your intelligence by pointing out the bloody obvious with regard to the names, but needless to say, I did mention this to the husband. So the muttering yesterday afternoon was mainly taken up with, 'Bloody BP', and '£160...'.  It wasn't the best start to his boys' weekend away.

He headed down to somewhere in Wales yesterday.  Those of you who have been with me for a while will know that much as I love Wales, their weather is not my favourite type, ie wet and windy.  I'm also not so good at place names, so 'Somewhere in Wales' will have to suffice I'm afraid.

He's gone with several like minded friends to pedal up mountains and hurtle down hills. This is an annual event, and to date, there has not been a year when one of them hasn't ended up in hospital. Luckily, it's never been anything too serious which has landed them there, just more of a pride dent, which as we know ladies, is completely curable with lots of 'There there's' and alcohol.

Although I will miss him, (no, really, I will) I'm going to be very busy transporting son number two and all his worldly goods up to Leeds, where he is going to be studying for the next three years (with any luck).  He tried this last year down in Brighton, and it didn't go well for him, so I'm proud of him for giving it another go.  Perhaps living oop North will work out better for him.  Having popped up there on Wednesday with some of his stuff, on his return he could tell me nothing other than how cheap the drink was so I think he'll be fine.

Of course, I'm now wondering whether there'll be a difference in the price of petrol?

Or diesel.....take your pick...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...