We are family...

Yesterday I was able to say that the day after tomorrow would be the day before my holiday started.  As you may gather, I am counting down the seconds now, and have started hoarding the travel plugs before the kids realise that they need them.

Now that they are all adults, you would think that it is a reasonable assumption that they would buy their own suncream and aftersun, wouldn't you?  Well apparently not.  Being super organised, I bought a couple of aerosol sun creams last Friday, factor 30 to be on the safe side.  These have to be aerosol, as the husband won't come anywhere near me with normal suncream, and I can't risk rocking the lobster look.  

By the weekend, the two boys had implied that they were expecting me to supply the suncream, as it was an all inclusive package we were going on.  Words failed me at this statement, so I ordered another two aerosols from Tesco when I did my internet shop.  

On Sunday, when the shopping arrived, I was knee deep in half dug potatoes, so didn't have a chance to question the substitution which they had given me for the two factor 30 aerosols.  

Now I won't say that a little thought didn't go into this, nor will I stoop to calling the picker/packer every name under the sun, but this is what he did...

Factor 30 + Factor 30 = Factor 60

No Factor 30 on the shelf

Supply customer with...

1 x Factor 50 and 1 x Factor 10 = Factor 60

Job done....

So the boys have a choice.  Either they use the Factor 10 and limit themselves to four minutes in direct sunlight each day, or they play safe with the Factor 50, and go home paler than when we arrived...

Decisions, decisions...

So I've hidden my suncream.  I give it till halfway through the second day before it disappears, at which point, I'll be down the local Spanish supermarket buying the cheapest stuff I can find (usually one involving either oranges or carrots) and use that. I'm not too sure why they use orange coloured fruit to promote a sun cream - too much, and I could resemble Mr Trump (without the  comb over).  I think I would be more inclined to buy a cream which used walnuts or creosote.  At least I'd be heading in the right direction colour wise.

Now ladies, I may go off radar tomorrow as it is my lovely uncle's big send off at church later this morning.  It will be a sad day for sure, but on a more positive side, I will be surrounded by family, friends, work colleagues and a few total strangers, all keen to show this wonderful man how much he was loved and admired.

We will miss him...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...