I go to sleep...

So another week limps to an end.  

Since Wednesday night, I have managed to squeeze in around three whole hours of sleep. The first night's lack of snoozies was down to the pain I was in after Swing Dance Club, and meant that I was roaming the house looking for various pain relief lotions and potions. Turned out that everything was in son number two's bedroom, the one room which I am afraid to go into after the sun goes down as I am sure it harbours bacteria which could wipe out an entire country if put into the wrong hands.

After my sleepless night, Mrs S commented on my bloodshot eyes as I walked into work that morning.  By 11.00 she was offering me matchsticks, and it was with great relief that I headed home at 1.00 where I crashed onto the sofa with a trashy mag and a cup of tea.

And then it was election night.  Now I am not a particularly political person but for some reason I always stay up and watch the results as they come in.  It started with the election of Barrack Obama some years ago, and since then, I have armed myself with the remote control and a mug of tea and steeled myself for the unfolding dramas.  So there I am on Thursday night, banished to the dogs' bedroom.  I told someone at work yesterday that I went to this room as there is a television in there.  'Oh.  Do they like watching television then?'  Of course I then had to explain that this used to be daughter number two's bedroom, but as she has now moved out, the dogs have moved in.

As I waffled on about this, for some reason, I came out with the fact that 'the dogs prefer the radio anyway'.  I really don't help myself sometimes.

So back to Thursday night.  I don't know why they start the election results programmes so early on in the proceedings.  By 11.00 there were a couple of results, and then nothing but waffling by various pundits for the next two hours.  I dozed off and then woke up again around 3.00 when I watched the rest of what was unfolding.  The strange thing about being awake in the middle of the night is that I always feel hungry.  Actually, not just hungry, but ravenous.  I can normally quash this with a mug of tea and a digestive, but Thursday night demanded more.

Which explains why at 3.30am I was tucking into two slices of jammy toast with a wedge of cake on the side.  I had also considered some salami but decided it might be pushing things a little too far having that in bed.  Just my luck, the Gaviscon would have been in son number two's bedroom as well.  

At 7.00am as I was getting ready for work, I had to remind myself not to have any more breakfast and it was a very bleary eyed bird who wandered into Binland yesterday.  If you remember, yesterday was Master B's last day at work, and as I walked into my office, he thrust a box of chocolate muffins and some truffles under my nose.  'Help yourself to goodies', he said.

Breakfast?  What breakfast...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...