Picture this...

So we got home safely.

It was a close run thing though, as yet again the 'tea-effect' was making itself known half an hour into the long journey back.  Every time a services was advertised, I said to the husband that I thought I could make the one after.  The traffic was running freely, the sun was shining, and things were looking good.  However, after telling the husband that we would have to stop at the next one, we very neatly ground to a halt about four inches after the turn off for the services we had just passed.  There was some serious self control needed for the next twenty minutes while we pottered towards the oasis which was Stafford North.  But I made it, and then celebrated with a coffee.  I never learn...

The house was still standing, which is always a bonus when we have been away for a few days.  The dogs looked more than just a little relieved to see us, but this soon wore off once they realised that no edible treats had been brought back for them.  Son number two and daughter number one will probably have the same reaction when there are no bars of Milka languishing in the fridge when they get home.  I did bring some bits and pieces back from Liverpool though:

A large mug with Liverpool emblazoned across it.  This was bought on Friday for my early morning cup of tea.  The doll-sized cups in the room meant that the Yorkshire tea bags provided gave me a cup of tea which I could have eaten with a knife and fork.

A hardback book on Liverpool.  Full of wonderful pictures of modern day Liverpool.  This was a bit of a cock up on my part, as I wanted a book full of old photos, so that I could compare now with then.  If I wanted to look at the buildings as they are now, I could have got on the bloody bus tour again, or simply just looked out of our hotel window..

A hardback book on St George's Hall.  The husband and I visited this beautiful court building on Sunday.  We sat in the dock, walked into the holding cells, admired the ventilation system and read all about the court cases while we were there.  The book had pictures of the docks, and page upon page of court cases, all of which we'd seen in the flesh.  St George's Hall is also mentioned in some detail in my hardback book on Liverpool....page 49...

A small paperback book on The Cavern.  I haven't had much chance to look at this as yet, but it proved very useful as a drinks mat for my massive tea mug. 

Finally, the last thing I brought back with my was a very poor husband.  Liverpool and I had bled the poor man dry.  It will take some time for his wallet to recover I'm sure.

Having unpacked the cases, I popped down to my local supermarket to get some food for the fridge.  Coming out I headed over to Mrs H's beauty emporium (miracles happen in this place) to book an appointment for my forehead and jowl lifting CACI treatment.   Turns out she was free, so I headed off to her room at the back for a quick eyebrow and eyelash tint which was also on my list of 'Things Which Need Doing to Prevent Me Being Mistaken for an OAP'.  Also on this list are hair roots and facial waxing, but one thing at a time ladies....

Now the old brows had been looking a little weedy and pale so the impact of a bit of brown dye was quite extreme.

Not quite Scouse Brows, but I'm quietly proud of them...


P.S...This is not my dog - my two would never sit still long enough...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...