Snowflake...

Well I was wrong about the snow.  It was fleeting and pathetic, but if I had to argue a point, as I did with Mr W at Binland yesterday afternoon, then yes, it snowed.  One of my neighbours, ever the optimist, was outside building a snowman with his children.  Looking at the amount of snow out there, I would imagine that the end result resembled a snow gnome rather than a beautifully round-tummied snowman with a strategically placed carrot. I would imagine that a couple of raisins and a used match would have been all there was room for...

I had cause for son number two to follow me in the car today.  Nothing too serious, but I was forced to travel at 30mph with my hazard lights on while he followed me with his on.  When we reached our destination, he thanked me for being so thoughtful and going so slowly.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was travelling at my normal speed, and had forgotten he was behind me.  I like 30mph, about as much as I like 27mph...well you can't be too careful can you...I have to confess, I only know my car has six gears because it says so in the handbook.  To this day, it remains unused...

So the husband is reaping the results of a throwaway comment he made over Christmas.  Mourning the loss of his waistline, he insisted, quite emphatically, that he didn't want me to cook for him each evening as he wanted to make his own 'light bites'.  To date, these 'light bites' have consisted of three Chinese takeaways, two curries, a pizza and a family tub of Twiglets.  Between you and me, I think that he might have been better off sticking with the food I sometimes cook for son number two and ELL.  Having said that, the gaps between when I do cook are becoming longer and longer, and on Wednesday, when I cooked a meal for six from scratch, I had to remind myself where I kept the saucepans...

Daughter number one is also cooking for herself - mostly green stuff interspersed with greener stuff.  However, she also is very easy to lead astray (usually by the husband) and has managed to eat some very unhealthy dinners.  The shout came up last night (from the husband) for fish finger sandwiches.  I waited for daughter number one to say that she would have one of her green meals, but she said yes quicker than you could breadcrumb a bream - I give them both a week before it's back to my home cooked meals. 

If I can find the saucepans...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...