Old hat...

After achieving a record eight hours' sleep on Sunday night, normal service resumed in our house on Monday morning.

The hangovers were gone, only to be replaced with that bewildered look on the husband's face which says 'What bloody weekend?'  It's always at this point that he likes to don his t-shirt which asks that we start the weekend again, as he wasn't ready, and that I remind him that as it's Monday, he can have a quiet day away from home, without me nagging him to do the Blue jobs on his list (he never quite makes it to the bottom and compares my list to keeping plates spinning on sticks).  The husband never seems impressed though, and my suggestion that he 'has a lovely day' is always met head on with a grunt and a look which could kill a lesser woman.. 

But we do have a lovely break to look forward to.  The husband, Miss R and I are off for a few days in Poland in a week or so.  Apart from the obviously emotional pilgrimage to the camps, I would imagine that it will be a chance to regroup before the Christmas insanity takes a firm grip on me and my wallet.  The thing is, the last time I was in Krakow it was with Mrs S (she with the beautifully decorated cottage) and it was springtime.  It was sunny and warm, and there was a lot of watching the world go by in the town square if I remember rightly, accompanied by strudel, coffee and lots of brides for some reason.

So the shout came up at Saturday breakfast that as it would be extremely cold this time, perhaps new hats would be a good idea.  You've probably guessed after all this time that Miss R and I do not have one iota of concern as to what we look like, and we ended up buying a couple of beanie hats (thermally lined, so practical) which had a red nose and antlers - very festive we thought and perfect for a snowy Poland (or Snoland as it should be called between October and April).  I have added a picture today - see what I mean?  No shame...



I couldn't see the husband in the same hat, so we have promised him that when we get to the airport, we will buy him a new one.  He is still mourning the loss of his fake fur hat which he bought when we were in Moscow a couple of years ago, so it would be great if we could find one which was similar.  I can tell that you're puzzled over the fact that as the hat was bought in Moscow, that there might be something similar in Terminal 5. 


However, as the original was bought in the Red Square branch of River Island, we may strike lucky...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...