Hi ho silver lining...

The fall out from Mug-Gate continued yesterday.  I decided not to take my 'I Love my Schnauzer' mug into Binland, purely for the reason that there are some people in my office who would jump to an inappropriate conclusion, not knowing that I was talking about my dogs at home.  Instead I took a mug in guaranteed to cause a bit of a stir (excuse the pun). It was a mug which daughter number two had got after a work experience week at Sita (one of our main rivals at Binland).  I'll be honest with you, I was surprised that it lasted  till lunchtime, and I am expecting it to be in several pieces on my desk when I go into work this morning, pushed off my desk in a fit of pique.

Going back to yesterday, the lovely lady from the television came back in the afternoon to do the last few hours of filming.  I very conveniently had a hottie as she turned up and we chatted about how life was going on in Menopause Mansion while I flapped at my face furiously.  While chatting to her about my continuing love for the Red Clover, I grabbed the box from the top of the microwave.  I said to her how careful I was when taking this as the Red Clover box sat right next to Reg's calming tablets.  I'm not convinced that the tablets are interchangeable - after all, they do the same job.  Perhaps if I took Reg's the only extra benefit would be a glossy coat and wet nose...

The filming went really well, with me only needing several attempts of opening the washing machine door the right way.  You'll remember from my last blog how it is the simple things which let you down.  If I remember rightly, it was a bowl of potatoes which caused me the most trouble last time. They were very well travelled by the time they actually made it to the table.  It only took three hours this time which brings my filming to a total of fifteen hours.  All this for twenty two minutes of programme.  I'm not the only unfortunate middle aged lady whose menopause they have been following, so I am anticipating that yours truly will be on air for about two minutes in total.  As well as the other participants, I am also sharing the programme with some Loose Women.  I can't even begin to explain to you how confusing this was for my dad last night when he came to dinner.  Even now, I am sure that he is convinced that I have been knocking about with some ladies of ill repute over the last few months.

All the children are threatening to come home to watch this aired in a few weeks' time.  I'm not sure that I'm happy with being in the same room as them when we watch it, in case the editor, in his wisdom, decided to keep in the rather personal stuff which the husband talked about in the first session. I can just imagine the silence in the lounge as the credits roll, as the children  take on board the information about their parents' sex life.  I would imagine that it will be some weeks before they return home.

Ah well.  Silver linings and all that.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...