Words from a Bird. Day 72
So another week draws to a close, and it's time to reflect on the things I have learned over the last seven days...
1. When you are waiting for the arrival of a new puppy, you will ask yourself whether you are doing the right thing at least four times every day. Your answer will be the same every time....(sorry, it's completely unprintable).
2. I am able to reduce the husband to a blubbering wreck by simply cupping one ear with my right hand, looking up at the ceiling, and whispering, 'Sssh, did you hear that?'
3. The husband is thrilled to be able to come out of the Northern closet on occasions. Twenty four hours on, and I am quite accustomed to the foreign lingo and strange habits. He will however, be bundled back in come Sunday evening...with force, if necessary.
4. When son number 2 tells you that he has broken his toe, there is a good chance he just might be telling the truth. (In fact, it was a lot worse than that, which increased my guilty conscience somewhat).
5. Rubbing oil and salt into the skins of your jacket potatoes before cooking is a good thing. I must confess that it felt rather lovely doing this....actually on second thoughts, I shouldn't confess that whatsoever. I sound like someone with a King Edward fetish.
6. The threat of a new puppy is enough motivation to get the lawn mowed by the husband. Reg will be available for hire solely for this purpose if you're interested.
7. And if your leggings have a hole in the seam at the back, wearing a pair of black drawers will solve the problem.
As you can see, you are never too old to learn something new.
Just a shame that most of it is pointless.....a bit like the husband asking if he can have a sandwich for his 'dinner'.
It's LUNCH for goodness sake.......don't get me started on that again...